Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another Major Transition

Life is filled with transitions. Much of it we don't even think about. We grow up moving from one thought to another, from one interest to another, from one friend to another, from one place to another...well, you get the picture. Our minds and our bodies are in a constant state of movement. Well, when you think about it, the other option is in six foot hole! We're moving up, and out, and hopefully, in every way, improving our now and tomorrow, as well.

I've been reflecting on my retirement lately, and looking back over the 44 years I have been in the ministry, I am amazed at the ride! With what has happened just this week, I've begun to count up the number of physical moves I've had and how far it has taken me. In summary, we've lived in 5 states and 2 foreign countries and with our retirement next month, we will have moved a total of 24 times. In that time, we've owned 2 homes for a total of 14 years, leaving 30 years for the other 22 moves. Somehow, I thought we stayed longer than that each time, but I checked my figures, and that's correct. The bottom line...life changes so quickly...you really don't know where the time went!

Well, now we're about to make what we have been saying is our final move. Well, no, for we fully expect and look forward to our new home in heaven. We've already arranged for that transition, and the home there was purchased, Praise the Lord, for us by Christ on the cross! But until that time comes when we move in, we've just put a contract on another home, where we will make another major transition in just about 2 months, and we do look forward to it.

Ah, transitions!

Now, back to reality of now! We've a job to do getting this house ready to receive someone else's next transition. Pray for a speedy transition from this place to the next. Thanks!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What are we going to do with you guys "settled"? I'm so excited for you guys, and teh kids are really looking forward to seeing Grammy and Poohpa's new house.

Hard to believe that we've moved that much....wow.

Mich said...

I know we moved that much... in my thirteen years of school, I changed schools 10 times. 13 if you want to count that I changed correspondence courses between 7th and 8th grade and that even though 9th, 11th and 12th were at the same school, there was some moves and adjustments in there. And then I went to college... I also lived in 12 of those houses with you... yes, our family certainly knows what the word "transition" means! It was hard at times, but I look back now in awe. I've led an adventurous life! Thanks!